Hello! This month I am excited to share my Krazy Kreations Valentine’s Day greeting card with you. Nothing says card making like Valentine’s Day, right?
There are always so many fun options for expressing affection for others that it is hard to choose which one to do first. Many of the Krazy Kreations inspire many ideas for Valentine’s Day love. For this card I chose the Ice Cream Sunday outline stickers as the focus.
To create the card:
1. I started with my favorite part: Making the ice cream sundae!
a. Prepared the Glitter Paper: I used my fingers to burnish the glitter to make it smooth and add luster from the oils in my fingers.
b. Prepared the ice cream sundae: I selected a sundae sticker from the Krazy Kreations Ice Cream Sundae Outline Stickers sheet to peel and adhere the ice cream portion to white glitter paper. Using a Copic marker cap, I burnished the sticker onto the paper, ensuring the sticker was sealed to prevent the color from bleeding. I adhered the bowl portion of the sticker to some metallic silver paper from my stash, being careful to not let the silver paper overlap into the ice cream portion.
I colored the cherry and chocolate syrup, beginning with the lightest color of my alcohol marker combinations. I used Copic R29, RV29, and R32 for the cherry, and E25, E13, and a brown Sharpie for the chocolate syrup. After coloring the these, I cut them out and used a black Sharpie to color the edges.
2. I made a 4 1/4” x 5 3/8” card with out of brown cardstock. I cut another piece of brown cardstock into a slightly larger rectangle with scalloped edges and adhered to the front of the card.
3. I cut a piece of the striped paper from the Authentique Bundle: Cheerful 6 x 6 pad to 5 1/4” x 4” and adhered it to the center of the card front.
4. I used die cuts to make a rectangle with “stitched” edges out of green paper. This piece is 2 ½” x 4 ½”. I added a thin brown mat underneath. Then, I chose a sentiment to include on the left side, and trimmed to fit just inside the green rectangle, 2 ¾” x 3 ½”. I used pop dots to adhere the ice cream sundae to the left side of green rectangle.
5. I selected one of the heart outline stickers from the Ice Cream Sundae Outline Stickers to put on green polka dot paper from the Cheerful bundle. I trimmed the excess paper and used a black Sharpie to color the edges, and then adhered it under the sentiment with a pop dot.
6. Finally, I made “sprinkles” for the ice cream sundae by cutting tiny pieces of the striped paper and gluing them onto the ice cream.
Happy Valentine’s Day. I hope you have a great time making cards to show someone your affection!