I purchased the Zig clean color real brush water base markers a while ago and never did anything with them. I have a dear friend that loves mermaids so I decided to break out the markers and go for it! The end result was this mermaid circle spinner card.
- I started by adhering the mermaid outline stickers to Watercolor paper, then used the matching thin dies to die cut the mermaid sticker image, and seashell.
- I used my scissors to fussy cut the remaining white area off and spritzed the images with water.
- I used almost all of the Zig colors, I have. They are so fun to blend and the real brush tip is amazing to paint with. You can’t hurt these markers! If you look at the shell on the left side you will see the beautiful blending the yellow and pink. I also loved the way you can blend with 2 colors and no water as I did on the little yellow/orange shell.
- I used 3 colors distress Oxide ink from my stash to create background. Using a stencil and water to create the look of water.
- I used 3 layered circle dies to create the spinner track.
- I die cut the acetate with the largest and smallest circle to create the spinner tract to secure the starfish, seashell, and fish to. I sandwiched all pieces on top of each other separated using foam tape.
- After the images had time to dry, I used a sparkle pen and stamped the other images using stamps I had in my stash.
- I also used the Jelly Shaker beads to add accents to the tail. These are great for embellishing as they have a flat bottom.
- To assemble the card, I put foam tape on the center piece and backside of the front panel. Use foam tape to adhere spinner images to acetate circle spinner and be sure the foam tape does not impede movement of acetated circle.
- Add your sentiment and you are done!
The stickers are perfect for using as an outline to watercolor. It did not bleed under the sticker and kept all the colors separate even though it was watercolor. I had so much fun playing with these Zig markers! Check them out for yourself. They come individually and in larger packs. The supplies I used are listed below. Wishing you lots of joy, and take a minute to be creative!
Krazy Kreations Supplies Used: